Monday, February 13, 2012

Lost dreams.. Or are they.....

When one day runs into the other, month into month, year into year, in the bad times one feels time crawls and in the good it flashes by. However every once in a while one looks back and tries to analyse what one has achieved out of the list one had as a child. For me blessed with an active imagination I wanted to do anything and everything. I'd hold concerts in my back yard to an imaginary audience. I was going to be a world class rockstar. I was going to be a ballet dancer. I was going to be a best seller author. As I grew older I was going to be anchor of a travel show, earn while I followed my no 1 passion in the world. And then life happened!

Clearly I didn’t achieve any of this. I succumbed to the insecurities and pressures of not feeling good enough or strong enough to chase my dreams. I found new goals that I made myself believe that they made me happy and the funny thing is they did. It’s funny how life tweaks your dreams and gives it to you in some way, even if its not how u imagined it. My real audience consider me a ‘rockstar’ , I sometimes write in my blog for my own sanity, I’ve travelled on my own despite the odds to more places than most and while not an anchor i've found my foot in the world of making television shows.

Guess u never do lose sight of your dreams but just tweak them as you go along. And even if you do the universe does bring them to life in some way.

2 comments:

spikey said...

very true. As fb would say ' I like'.Welcome back to cyber world :)

Meenakshi Chauhan said...

Thanks Spikey ! glad i have one follower atleast :-p