Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Vanilla icecream


The midnight hour.

Isn't this the time when all thoughts come crashing down ? 


I remember a day sleeping soundly on a sunday morn.

Brutally woken up to come to the rescue of a unknown situation. 


From the comfort of my bed I was torn to the scorching blast of a bright noon sun and a still dog in the shadows of the shade of my father's ashoka trees. Planted for a day there would be only me.

While I hold her now twitching in her sleep I remember that morning from not long ago. Palpable. Yet forgotten.

Gasping for life. Her fear. My fear. Hearts beating. Yet one. Shame. Tears.

Mistakes were made. Hers. Mine.


Water was drunk. By her. And me.


Bridges were bridged.

And today all I think of is 15 drops and a spoon of vanilla icecream.

For sanity. For life.

Hers or mine.

That remains to be seen.

No comments: