Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Its just another Manic Monday….

A boring day… a hopeful evening.. a romantic night….


Today was such a boring day with one inconsequential interview after the other. A ray of hope was going to see the new office. I took advantage of my innocent friends and planned a perfect evening. Dropped my car home bummed a ride off Manika and Supriya, I headed to Noida. I wanted to catch a film with my fiancé and go see furniture. We got to Noida, we saw furniture, we got to Spice.. the movie was at 8, I thought 8. 30, we reached at 8.45!

We obviously missed the film, for the second time might I add! The first time I was furious, this time was the second, Aditya just smiled. We tried a new place at the food court, yuck for the 10th time. We went to Chicane, had a drink and came out to the most amazing sight. The sky was wild with lighting, yet not a rain drop in sight. We started driving..the coolest breeze ever and then came the rain. Slowly at first till we got to the toll bridge. My hand was out the window as it came down harder. Stinging my skin, I smile wider. We roll the windows up, the rain pelts down, and the windscreen turns hazy, as we listen to some bollywood track. Poor scooterists stop under the flyover to get some shelter. I know my friend Mayank would say you need a photograph to show what you’re expressing through your words. Damn.. I don’t have a camera attached to my hip. Cars splash through puddles all around us. The fuel gauge is close to empty. As we near a petrol pump I sadistically wish the car will stall so I can get drenched in the rain… but as the rain slows down to a drizzle I think its good that didn’t happen as the upholstery will be ruined.. I wish the petrol pump was closer. I reach home. It’s been 25 minutes. I’m still thinking romantic rainy day thoughts when I switch the bathroom light on. Practical problems come crashing into my head as one lone cockroach scurries out of the drain. The rain starts to pelt down harder… I quickly get into bed. The ants will be out soon….

3 comments:

constant traveller said...

it was beautiful last night, though not romantic for me becoz of the newly attained status but none the less it was awesome. @ mayank...sometimes in life leave things to the imagination of a human mind!

Mayank Austen Soofi said...

...there are words which can never be replaced by pictures...then there are pictures which can never be replaced by words...we must strive for a perfect marriage of these two elements...

Meenakshi Chauhan said...

i agree with you completely soofi, i wish i had a camera with me on every occassion...